How can I view my private keys?
If you are a blockchain expert and you want to access a token or receive an airdrop from another wallet or service than Exodus, you may need to access your private keys. Here is a guide to do this.
We designed Exodus to make it easy to hold blockchain assets. Exodus has a sophisticated backup and restoration system that manages your private keys behind-the-scenes. Although Exodus does not recommend manual management of private keys, many advanced users want to view and test private keys interactions. While viewing your private keys, please make sure no one is around the system you are viewing it on. If anyone is able to view your system with remote-sharing apps like TeamViewer etc. please first disconnect them. You can just view again inside Exodus if you need them again.
Exodus does not have access to your Ripple (XRP) and Stellar Lumens (XLM) Secret Key and hence we cannot export it for you. You can only view the Private Key of your Ripple (XRP) and Stellar Lumens (XLM) wallet on Exodus.
The below guide will not help if you are using an older version of Exodus since this feature was introduced in Exodus 1.57.0 version. Please upgrade to the latest version of Exodus using this guide: https://support.exodus.io/article/27-how-do-i-upgrade-exodus
Each asset inside Exodus has a set of private keys. To view your private keys:
- Open the Developer Menu. Here is a guide for how to open the developer menu.
- If you are on macOS, the Developer menu is under Exodus (To the right of the Apple sign in the menu bar).
- If you are using Windows or Linux, it can be accessed by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D. (For new users this means holding the Control key with the Shift key at the same time and then pressing D - essentially you are pressing 3 keys at once.)
- Decide what asset you want to view the private keys of. In this example, we are going to view the private keys for EOS Mainnet. These steps are the same for the other assets.
- Choose Developer > Assets > (Your Desired Asset) > View Private Keys
- Your private keys will be shown on a new window from where it can be copied.