How do I exchange assets?
Buying and selling one cryptocurrency or blockchain asset for another in Exodus is straightforward and simple. Most exchanges will complete in under 30 minutes.
How Do I Exchange Assets in Exodus?
This short video demonstrates how to quickly and effortlessly exchange over 70 different assets directly for an asset of your choice—securely and privately, right within the comfort of your wallet! For a step by step guide with images, see below.
One Asset for Another - No Steps in Between
On most platforms, altcoins (assets that are not bitcoin) can only be traded for major assets like BTC or ETH. In Exodus, you have more choices.
For example, if you wanted to exchange Zcash (ZEC) for DigiByte (DGB) on an online exchange, this is what the process would look like:
- Send your ZEC to an online exchange.
- Exchange ZEC for BTC.
- Exchange BTC for DGB.
- Withdraw DGB from the online exchange to your wallet.
Here’s what that process looks like in Exodus:
- Exchange ZEC for DGB.
That's it! You can convert from ZEC directly to DGB without ever leaving your wallet.
How to Exchange in Exodus (Step-by-Step)
- Click on the Exchange tab on the left side of your wallet
- Select the assets you want to swap for one another. Pick the asset you want to exchange from the drop-down menu on the left side of the exchange window, and pick the asset you wish to receive on the right side of the exchange window.
- Enter the amount you wish to exchange. You can automatically populate an amount to be exchanged by clicking ALL, HALF, or MIN. If you have large amounts in Exodus, you may see MAX instead of ALL. You can also specify the exact amount you wish to exchange or receive by entering the values yourself. You can even enter the amount in your local currency.
- Click Exchange if you are satisfied with the exchange rate displayed. These are live rates, so if you don't like a rate you see after hitting Exchange, you are given a 3-second window to cancel the exchange before the funds leave your wallet - just in case your finger slipped. If everything looks good, the asset will be sent directly from your wallet to one of our third-party exchange partners to be exchanged and your exchanged asset will be delivered back to your wallet.
- Once the exchange has been initiated, there is nothing more to do on your end. You are free to close Exodus during this time if you wish. The next time you open your wallet, your exchanged asset will be there waiting for you.
You will see options to
Start New Exchange or view your
Exchange History. For those who exchange
MAX (maximum) amounts in Exodus, you will see an
Exchange Max Again button if you have enough funds to repeat a
MAX exchange. If you want to repeat a
MAX exchange, click the
Exchange Max Again button.
You can even search the asset you want by entering the asset name or ticker symbol.