EOS: Managing Mainnet EOS Staking, Voting, and Resources
In this article
Introduction and information on security
You can easily send, receive, and exchange EOS directly inside your Exodus wallet. Additionally, all of your account details can be monitored from the Advanced Drawer. However, it's currently not possible to manage your stake in the EOS network, vote for block producers, adjust your delegation of resources, or buy/sell RAM in Exodus.
You will need to use a 3rd party EOS mainnet wallet to manage these advanced features. There are some well-known EOS Mainnet wallets that perform similar functions. SimplEOS, EOS Voter, and Scatter can be used to manage key pairs and identities, while EOS toolkit can be used to manage resources. This guide walks through managing your EOS staking and resources with simpleEOS.
- Find SimplEOS here: https://eosrio.io/simpleos/
- Find Geymass EOS Voter here: https://github.com/greymass/eos-voter
- Find Scatter Desktop here: https://get-scatter.com/
Warning: All of these solutions require your EOS Mainnet private key. Once private keys are exported, there is a risk of losing funds if best security practices are not followed. Do not store your private keys on your computer or in an image, and never use your private keys in untrusted sources.
Important: SimpleEOS is a 3rd-party service, so please use best security practices like using a unique and strong password. In case you run into any trouble, reach out to the EOS-Rio team (Creators of SimpleEOS). Here is their Telegram info https://t.me/eosrio
Step-by-Step guide to access your funds using the simplEOS wallet
- Go to your EOS wallet and open the Asset Menu by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. Then choose the View Private Keys option:
- After reading the warning dialog click "Yes, I'm sure" to view your private key:
- A new window with your private keys will be shown to you:
- Open SimplEOS:
- Click "Import Existing Key":
- Add your EOS Private Key and complete the next for steps in the setup menu:
- Once you have logged in the staking panel is the top right panel in the "Vote" section. Use the slider to set the amount of your EOS you would like staked. This change will take effect 72hrs after the action of staking or unstaking:
- To manage your resources, select the 'Resources' tab from the sidebar. It's in this panel you can delegate and stake resources for the items you see in the Exodus Advanced Drawer:
If you moved staked funds into Exodus with the "Move Funds (WIF)" option, then you can use the same private key from that situation to open a simpleEOS wallet and unstake the remaining EOS. After the 72 hour unstaking period, your EOS will become available and you can send them directly from one wallet to another.
To manage your voting preferences you will need to use an EOS mainnet wallet. simpleEOS is used here as an example.
Unregistered EOS claim process
If your EOS ERC20 tokens were not registered before June 2nd, 2018 your Exodus wallet will initiate the claim process for the unregistered account with the help of EOS Block Producer, EOS Authority, and a small amount of your staked resources will be used as a vote for EOS Authority.
You can change this Vote to your preference using an EOS mainet wallet using the instructions above.