EOS: Managing Multiple EOS Account Names with One Public Key
This guide uses simplEOS to demonstrate how you can easily import your EOS Mainnet private keys to manage your EOS Mainnet Accounts. We are using SimplEOS for demonstration purposes, but there are many other EOS wallets you can use to manage your EOS including: Scatter, EOS voter and EOS Toolkit. We encourage you to do your own research, and find the EOS mainnet wallet that works best for you. (Links included at the bottom of the article)
Note: This solution requires you to export your EOS Mainnet private key from Exodus. Please use best security practices whenever private keys are exported/viewed from the wallet.
Make sure you are using the latest release of Exodus before starting this process. Please upgrade your wallet if you haven't done so already.
- Go to your EOS wallet and open the Asset Menu by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. Choose the View Private Keys option.
- After reading the warning dialog click "Yes, I'm sure" to view your private key:
- A new window with your private keys will be shown to you:
- Download and Install the SimplEOS wallet from EOS Rio home page.
- From the SimplEOS welcome screen, click "Import Existing Key":
Note: This does not import your wallet from Exodus, only opens up a dialogue to enter your EOS Mainnet Private Key.
- Paste your EOS Private Key into the SimplEOS dialogue box:
- Create a password for your wallet:
- Read the EOS Constitution and opt-in if you agree with the terms. And you're done. You've successfully created an EOS Mainnet wallet using your EOS private keys from Exodus:
- Create a PIN for your Lockscreen (Optional):
- Once logged in you will see all EOS account names associated with the Public / Private Keypair from Exodus:
- If you would like to move your EOS to the active account in Exodus, confirm which account name is used by selecting the Advanced Drawer:
- Select the max amount from the other account, and send it to your Exodus wallet account. You can leave the "Memo" field empty:
You cannot send your entire account balance because of the resources needed to maintain the accounts on the EOS network.
- Then enter your password and click "Confirm":
After this transaction is complete your wallet account balances will update and you can go back to Exodus to confirm the balances:
Important: SimplEOS is a 3rd party wallet created by EOS Block Producer EOS Rio. Exodus has no affiliation with EOSRio and provides no warranties to its use.
Here are some other available EOS wallets: