EOS: Managing Multiple EOS Account Names with One Public Key
This guide uses simplEOS, an EOS Mainnet wallet created by block producer EOS Rio, you can easily import your EOS Mainnet private keys to manage your EOS Mainnet Accounts. There are other methods of managing your mainnet accounts including Scatter, EOS voter and EOS Toolkit. (Links included at the bottom of the article)
This solution requires you to export your EOS Mainnet private key from Exodus. Please use best security practices whenever private keys are exported/viewed from the wallet.
This guide requires you to use the latest version of Exodus, hence, please upgrade using these instructions: https://support.exodus.io/article/27-how-do-i-upgrade-exodus
1. VIEW your EOS Mainnet private key from the Exodus Developer Menu (Win & Linux press CRTL+SHIFT+D)
2. A new window with your private keys will be shown to you. Copy your private key.
3. You can find and download the SimplEOS wallet from EOS Rio here:
From the SimplEOS welcome screen, click "Import Existing Key"
Note: This does not import your wallet from Exodus, only opens up a dialogue to enter your EOS Mainnet Private Key
4. Paste your EOS Private Key into the SimplEOS dialogue box.
5. Create a password for your wallet.
6. Read the EOS Constitution and opt-in if you agree with the terms.
7. And you're done. You've successfully created an EOS Mainnet wallet using your EOS private keys from Exodus.
8. Create a PIN for your Lockscreen (Optional)
9. Once logged in you will see all EOS account names associated with the Public / Private Keypair from Exodus.
10. If you would like to move your EOS the active account in Exodus, confirm which account name is used by selecting the Advanced Drawer.
11. Select the max amount from the other account, and send it to your Exodus wallet account. You can leave the "Memo" field empty.
12. Then enter your password and click "Confirm"
After this transaction is complete your wallet account balances will update and you can go back to Exodus to confirm the balances.
You cannot send your entire account balance because of the resources needed to maintian the accounts on the EOS network. EOS accounts cannot be closed
SimplEOS is a 3rd party wallet created by EOS Block Producer EOS Rio. Exodus has no affiliation with EOSRio and provides no warranties to its use.
If you want to learn how to manage your Mainnet EOS tokens from here, please read this next guide: https://support.exodus.io/article/777-managing-mainnet-eos