How do I register my EOS tokens?
The EOS ICO ends June 1st, 2018 and by that time all EOS ERC20 tokens will need to be registered with EOS in order to claim the future EOS Blockchain tokens. This guide will walk you through the registration process for EOS tokens held in your Exodus wallet.
At the moment, registering your EOS within Exodus isn't supported. However, we will be developing a method within Exodus which will register your EOS for you automatically in the future, as shown on our roadmap: http://support.exodus.io/article/96-exodus-wallet-roadmap
For that reason, we recommend that you wait.
If you do not prefer to wait for the one-click EOS registration feature within Exodus, please continue reading this guide which will take you through the process of registering your EOS using MyEtherWallet.
Warning: Registering EOS through MyEtherWallet (MEW) requires you to export and share your ETH Private Key. This key controls all the assets stored on the address including ETH, EOS, and all other ERC20 tokens. We have seen cases of people losing their assets after having used their private key to register EOS, this might be because there are many Scam-Websites that look like MEW but are not the real website or because their Private Keys were exposed during the process. In any case, you should do your own research to understand the risks before proceeding.
Please note: You will only have to perform the registration process once. Any additional EOS tokens sent to your wallet after you complete the registration process will also be registered.
1. Export your ETH private key using the Developer Menu. Here's how you open the Developer Menu: http://support.exodus.io/article/79-how-do-i-open-the-developer-menu
PLEASE USE THIS WITH CAUTION AS THESE PRIVATE KEYS GIVE ANYONE WHO SEES THEM 100% ACCESS TO YOUR ASSETS.
2. Go to MyEtherWallet dot com and select “Send Ether & Tokens” then click “Private Key” to access your wallet. Paste in your Exodus Ethereum Private Key and click “Unlock”
3. Once unlocked you will be able to see your EOS tokens in the token box on the right sidebar.
Note: you will need at least 0.01 ETH in your wallet to complete the registration process
4. Go to https://nadejde.github.io/eos-token-sale/ to create your EOS Public and Private Key.
Before doing that disconnect your computer from the Internet! That way your Private Key cannot be intercepted. Reconnect after you have stored them safely offline and closed the page.
IMPORTANT: Save these keys in a safe place for future use. They will be your Public and Private Keys for when EOS migrates to their mainnet.
7. Paste in your EOS Public key in the field "key string", then in the next field “How would you like to access your wallet?” choose “Private Key” and paste in your Exodus Ethereum Private key, click unlock and then select “Write.”
8. In the pop-up window “Amount to Send” should be 0 and “Gas Limit” should auto-populate. Then click “Generate Transaction” and select “Yes, I’m sure.”
To verify the tokens have been registered:
1. Select “Contracts” from the menu then click on “Select contract” and choose “EOS - Contribution” then scroll down the page and click “Select a Function” then choose “Keys” from the menu.