How do I claim Bitcoin Cash?
Important: This will not work unless you are updated to the latest version of Exodus. You can download the latest version from here:
How do I upgrade Exodus?
Below are the instructions on how to claim Bitcoin Cash (BCH) if you had Bitcoin (BTC) in your wallet on July 31st, 2017:
- Go to the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) tab in your wallet. If you don't see BCH in your wallet, you can enable it in Settings.
- Open the Asset Menu by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner of your wallet and select the Claim Pre-Fork BCH option:
- Step 3: After reading the pop up, click the blue Continue button:
- Exodus will ask where you want to send your Bitcoin Cash. Your Exodus Bitcoin Cash address will automatically populate into this field. Feel free to use the address or send it to any other Bitcoin Cash wallet of your choice:
- Step 5: Exodus will now check your wallet for all available Bitcoin Cash to send out. This process can take up to 10 minutes, depending on how many transactions you have. Click the blue "Check My Wallet Now" button to begin.
- Exodus now tells you the total amount of Bitcoin Cash you have to send out, and shows the network mining fee this transaction will cost to send. This transaction could take 1-2 hours to confirm. If everything looks good then click the red "Send" button:
- Your Bitcoin Cash has been sent! Click on the blue "View TX" button to monitor the status of your transaction. Remember, Bitcoin Cash could take 1-2 hours to confirm, so now is your chance to binge on that new Netflix series you've been eyeing.