My wallet file is damaged ( RangeError Corrupted )
If Exodus tells you any of the following:
- Cannot open the wallet. The wallet may be corrupted.
- RangeError: not enough data for decode
- Exodus cannot open your wallet. Your assets are safe but the wallet may be damaged.
- Wallet Load Error: Not Enough Data for Decode
- Reboot your computer, especially if you are running Windows.
- Download the latest version of Exodus from exodus.io/download/ - newer versions of Exodus have advanced features in place to safeguard against damaged wallet files.
- Install Exodus over your old version. Installing a new version over an old version is safe. Exodus keeps your blockchain assets in a separate location.
- Launch Exodus - Newer versions should automatically repair the corrupted wallet in 90% of cases, and this will be as far as you need to go. However, if this didn't work:
- Quit Exodus
- Open your email and click on your Exodus backup link.
- Exodus will prompt you for your password. Type your password and click "Unlock"
- Exodus will ask if you want to destroy your old wallet. In this case, because your old wallet is damaged click the red button "Yes, destroy and recover".
- Wait for 15 - 30 seconds and your blockchain assets will be restored!
Alternatively, if you don't have access to your email backup link you can also restore from your 12-word recovery phrase.
If you don't have a backup Exodus may still be able to help you recover your blockchain assets. Email us at [email protected] for instructions.
"But it didn't work!"
If your wallet still displays the same error after going through the above steps, please contact us.