How do I restore from my 12 word phrase?
If you lost access to your crypto assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum and etc., you can use your 12-word phrase to restore access to them inside the Exodus wallet.
- Download the latest version of Exodus at www.exodus.io/releases/
- Launch Exodus
- Click the "Restore from Backup" button on the Portfolio welcome screen (shown in the picture below)
- Choose 12 Word Recovery Phrase
- Exodus will then restart and ask you to enter your 12-word phrase
- Type your 12-word phrase in order with one space between each word - all in the small case, no capital letters
- Click Restore
- After a few seconds, Exodus will open with a popup "Restore Complete" Click OK and go do something else while Exodus finishes restoring your assets; this can take around 10 minutes to complete.
- When Exodus says "All Done! Your assets have been restored" your wallet is ready to use.
- Make sure to set a password on your newly restored wallet. See the video tutorial for instructions.