How do I restore from an email backup?
Note: The email backup link is only applicable to wallets downloaded before version 19.2.1
This guide will help you in restoring your wallet from the e-mail recovery/backup link + password combination. In order to be able to restore your wallet using this guide, you must have the e-mail back-up/recovery link and wallet password.
If you do not have e-mail recovery/back-up link or have lost your password or the password is not working, you can restore the wallet using your 12-word phrase.
Below is a step-by-step guide on restoring the wallet from e-mail recovery link:
Download the latest version of Exodus from www.exodus.io/releases/ on the computer you want to restore your Exodus wallet on.
- Install Exodus by following the installation guide: https://support.exodus.io/article/36-how-do-i-install-exodus
- Once Exodus is installed, open it and make sure it shows a $0.00 balance; this is to ensure there are no funds on the wallet.
- Close Exodus.
- Open your email and click on your Exodus backup link.
- Exodus will prompt you for your password, enter the wallet password - you can click on the 'eye' icon on left to reveal the password to ensure it is being entered correctly
- Wait for 15 - 30 seconds and your blockchain assets will be restored!
If clicking on the e-mail recovery link does not open Exodus or prompt for a password, please follow the below guide:
- Copy the e-mail recovery link received in your e-mail.
- Open Exodus and click on the 'restore from backup' link.
- lick on the 'Backup Link (from email) option - the below pop-up may look different depending on your Operating System, however, the process is the same for all.
- A box will appear asking you to paste the e-mail recovery link, now paste the e-mail recovery link you copied in the first step and click OK.
- You will now see a pop-up which says Exodus will restart, click OK.
- Exodus will now re-open and display the Password entering screen, enter your password and hit Enter. You can click on the 'Eye' icon to reveal what you are entering as a Password to be sure you are entering the correct password.
- Once you enter the password and it is accepted, allow Exodus 5-10 minutes to restore your wallet. Your wallet is now restored!
Questions? Problems? Reach out to get in contact with us and we will help you through the process.