How do I upgrade Exodus?
Upgrading your Exodus wallet is an essential part of keeping your crypto assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum & others safe. If you are worried about losing funds during the upgrade, ensure you have a backup of your wallet: https://support.exodus.io/article/41-how-do-i-backup-my-exodus-wallet
Why should I upgrade Exodus?
- We release security patches from time to time in order to better protect you from the latest vulnerabilities.
- New assets are added as our team is always working on adding more and more assets inside Exodus.
- Additional security features are added inside the wallet.
- Additional exchange partners, exchangeable assets, etc. are added to the wallet.
- Feature improvements and bug fixes are added from time to time.
To upgrade Exodus, follow these steps. Note that installing a new version and overwriting an old version is safe. Exodus keeps your blockchain assets in a separate location.
We have released auto-upgrades for Windows and MacOS wallet versions starting version 1.60.0.
Manual Upgrade Process:
1. Quit Exodus if it is running.
- Windows users: Double-click on the downloaded package to run the installer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdB1ofzJ770
- Mac users: Double-click the disk image then drag Exodus onto the applications folder, overwriting the old version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okz2l3TSqVM
- Linux users: Download and unzip the new version and replace the existing installation with the new one.
4. Refresh: Once the update has been completed, please perform a refresh of your wallet to be sure you are synchronized with the blockchain: http://support.exodus.io/article/75-how-do-i-refresh-my-wallet
If you are experiencing strange behaviour from your Exodus wallet and reinstalling has not fixed the problem, you may need to restore your wallet: http://support.exodus.io/article/39-how-do-i-restore-from-backup
If you aren't sure what you need to do to fix the problem, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help you out!