How do I upgrade Exodus?
Upgrading your Exodus wallet is an essential part of keeping your crypto assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum & others safe. If you are worried about losing funds during the upgrade, ensure you have a backup of your wallet.
Exodus makes upgrading easy-peasy. Anytime you open Exodus, your wallet will check and notify you if an update is available. Simply click `Update Now!` when prompted and Exodus will take care of the rest.
Once Exodus finishes downloading the latest version, click ` Restart and Install Update.` Exodus will restart and prompt you for your password.
Why should I upgrade Exodus?
- We release security patches from time to time in order to better protect you from the latest vulnerabilities.
- New assets are added as our team is always working on adding more and more assets inside Exodus.
- Additional security features are added inside the wallet.
- Additional exchange partners, exchangeable assets, etc. are added to the wallet.
- Feature improvements and bug fixes are added from time to time.
We have released auto-upgrades for Windows and MacOS wallet versions starting version 1.60.0. If you are running an older version of Exodus, you will not see the upgrade prompt. To upgrade Exodus if you are on a pre-1.60.0 release, follow these steps:
Note that installing a new version and overwriting an old version is safe. Exodus keeps your blockchain assets in a separate location
Manual Upgrade Process
- Quit Exodus if it is running.
- Download the latest Exodus release available at https://www.exodus.io/download/.
- Windows users: Double-click on the downloaded package to run the installer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdB1ofzJ770
- Mac users: Double-click the disk image then drag Exodus onto the applications folder, overwriting the old version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okz2l3TSqVM
- Linux users: Download and unzip the new version and replace the existing installation with the new one.
- Refresh: Once the update has been completed, please perform a refresh of your wallet to be sure you are synchronized with the blockchain.