How do I update Exodus?
Upgrading your Exodus wallet is an essential part of keeping your crypto assets like Bitcoin, Ethereum & others safe. If you are worried about losing funds during the upgrade, ensure you have a backup of your wallet.
In this Article:
Automatic Upgrade Process
Exodus makes upgrading easy-peasy. Anytime you open Exodus, your wallet will check and notify you if an update is available. Simply click Update Now! when prompted and Exodus will take care of the rest.
Once Exodus finishes downloading the latest version, click Restart NowExodus will restart and prompt you for your password.
Please note that the auto-update feature is not available for Linux at this time. Linux users will need to upgrade Exodus manually as described below.
Manual Upgrade Process
We have released auto-upgrades for Windows and MacOS wallet versions starting version 1.60.0. If you are running an older version of Exodus, you will not see the upgrade prompt. To upgrade Exodus if you are on a pre-1.60.0 release, follow these steps:
- Quit Exodus if it is running.
- Download the latest Exodus release available at https://www.exodus.io/download/.
- Windows users: Double-click on the downloaded package to run the installer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdB1ofzJ770
- Mac users: Double-click the disk image then drag Exodus onto the applications folder, overwriting the old version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okz2l3TSqVM
- Linux users: Download and unzip the new version and replace the existing installation with the new one. For Debian-based distributions, the process is the same as installing Exodus with .deb package for the first time: https://support.exodus.io/article/36-how-do-i-install-exodus#linux
Please note: that installing a new version and overwriting an old version is safe. Exodus keeps your wallet data in a separate location
To update your Exodus wallet mobile app, all you need to do is go to your device's App store or Google Play store.
Why should I update Exodus?
- We release security patches from time to time in order to better protect you from the latest vulnerabilities.
- New assets are added as our team is always working on adding more and more assets inside Exodus.
- Additional security features are added inside the wallet.
- Additional exchange partners, exchangeable assets, etc. are added to the wallet.
- Feature improvements and bug fixes are added from time to time.