How do I claim Bitcoin Gold?
If you were holding Bitcoin in your Exodus wallet on October 24, 2017, you are entitled to the same amount of Bitcoin Gold. Below are the instructions on how to claim your Bitcoin Gold.
Important: This will NOT work unless you are updated to the latest version of Exodus.
Follow these steps to claim Bitcoin Gold (BTG) in your wallet:
- Go to the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) tab in your wallet. If you don't see BTG in your wallet, you can enable it in Settings.
- Open the Asset Menu by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner of your wallet and select the Claim Pre-Fork BTG option from the Asset Menu:
- After reading the pop up, click the blue Continue button:
- Exodus will ask where you want to send your Bitcoin Gold. Your Exodus Bitcoin Gold address will automatically populate into this field. Feel free to use the address or send it to any other Bitcoin Gold wallet of your choice:
- Exodus will now check your wallet for all available Bitcoin Gold to send out. This process can take up to 10 minutes, depending on how many transactions you have. Click the blue "Check My Wallet Now" button to begin.
- Exodus now tells you the total amount of Bitcoin Gold you have to send out, and shows the network mining fee this transaction will cost to send. This transaction could take 1-2 hours to confirm. If everything looks good then click the red "Send" button:
- Your Bitcoin Gold has been sent! Click on the blue "View TX" button to monitor the status of your transaction. Remember, Bitcoin Gold could take 1-2 hours to confirm, so you might want to get a bowl of popcorn while you monitor your receiving address.