Windows: application is permanently minimized and can't be used
Sometimes Microsoft Windows users experience this issue: the screen gets stuck in a "minimized" mode where you can see a preview when you hover over the taskbar button, but the application itself will not come up and present itself in a proper window.
Here's how it would look:
To fix this issue:
- Right click on the Exodus taskbar button and select Close. This will close Exodus down and the taskbar button should disappear.
- Go into Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\User\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Exodus. You may need to show hidden files to access this folder.
- Look for the file named window-state.json
- Right-click and send it to the Recycle Bin
- Start the Exodus wallet back up and you should see the window appear as normal!
At Exodus, we really want our users to have a seamless user experience, and it makes us sad when we have to have workarounds like this. Rest assured, our developers are aware of the issue and are working to provide a fix, but until then, you can use this workaround.