I have unclaimed Bitcoin Cash (BCH) in my Jaxx Bitcoin wallet. Can I use Exodus to claim it?
If you have a Jaxx Bitcoin (BTC) wallet and you know that you have unclaimed Bitcoin Cash (BCH), you can use Exodus to obtain the unclaimed BCH, in 7 easy steps:
- The first thing to do is to open up your Jaxx wallet, then click the menu triple bar in the upper right-hand corner:
- Once the menu slides open, click the Tools menu:
- Then the full Tools menu will open up. Click on "Display Private Keys":
- You'll see a warning screen which will timeout after 3 seconds, then click on "I UNDERSTAND":
Next, click on "Display Bitcoin Keys". You will see a screen like this:
There may be more than one Bitcoin entry. For each entry, you have to import the "Private Key" number. Double click on the private key and copy it into your clipboard.
- Next, go to the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) section of your Exodus wallet. If you don't see BCH in your wallet, you can enable it in Settings. Click on the Asset Menu in the upper right corner of your wallet, and select the Move Funds option from your Asset Menu.
Then paste that private key number into the text box and press "import":
For each private key you see in the Jaxx screen above, you must repeat the import step.
After all of your keys have been entered, Exodus should then show your unclaimed balance of BCH in your Exodus wallet. You may now transfer or exchange your BCH!
What is a WIF? https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet_import_format
Jaxx Multi-Asset Wallet: https://jaxx.io/