Flare Network FAQs - Learn more about Spark token
Everything you need to know about the Flare network and its native Spark token in Exodus.
In this Article:
- What is the Flare network?
- What is the difference between the Flare network snapshot and launch?
- How is Exodus handling the Flare network?
- How do I register my Exodus XRP address?
- How do I view my Flare Address?
- How do I view my Flare Spark Private Keys?
What is the Flare network?
At some point in the future the Flare network will be launched by the people at Flare Networks with its native Spark token.
The Flare network and the XRP network are totally different technologies and blockchains, however, they will have a relationship with each other, which is why right now you can register your XRP address to receive your Flare network Spark tokens when they become available.
For more information and to keep up to date, check out the official Flare network blog.
What is the difference between the Flare network snapshot and launch?
The Flare snapshot occurred at 0 UTC on December 12, 2020.
However, the Flare network will launch in another 3-6 months from this time, and only then will the airdropped tokens be delivered to your Flare address.
The Flare network is organizing this in such a way that you will receive your airdropped tokens in a 1:1 ratio based on your XRP holdings in your Ripple address at the time of the snapshot. This means that if you registered your tokens inside of your Exodus wallet and held them there during the snapshot, you'll be eligible to receive the rewards.
How is Exodus handling the Flare network?
The Spark tokens won't be seen in your Exodus wallet until it's supported which will be decided closer to the launch of the Flare network.
Not to worry though, as you are in complete control of your Exodus wallet, you always have access to 100% of your funds. So even if Exodus does not support the Flare network, you will still be able to access your Spark tokens by locating your Flare Spark Private Keys and importing it into a supported wallet.
How do I register my Exodus XRP address?
Exodus supports you registering your XRP address from right inside your wallet!
- You will need to have at least 20 XRP inside of your Exodus wallet for you to be able to register your address. To register your address, a network fee of 0.0003 XRP is also required.
- You have until the 12th of June, 2021, at 00:00 UTC to register.
- Open your Ripple wallet on your desktop or mobile device.
- Desktop: click the three dots in the top right corner and click on Advanced Options.
- Mobile: tap on the advanced options icon in the top right corner.
- Click/tap on where it says Register Flare Address.
How do I view my Flare Address?
To view your Flare address, all you need to do is:
- Grab your Ripple receive address from your Exodus wallet where you registered your address.
- Once you have copied your Ripple receive address, head over to this Ripple block explorer and paste it in.
You will see your address next to where it says Flare address.
How do I view my Flare Spark Private Keys?
Please note: To view your Flare Spark Private Keys on mobile, you will need to sync your wallet to a desktop device and view it there. To find out how to sync your mobile device to a desktop device, please check out this article.
- Open your Ripple wallet on your desktop computer.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner, then click View Flare Spark Private Keys.
- Select YES, I'M SURE.
Please be careful with your private keys! Anyone who has your private key to can control the funds on it, therefore don't import your private key into any platform that you do not 100% trust. To find out how to keep your money safe please check out this article.
- Unlock your wallet to view your Private Keys.