Hedera Hashgraph FAQs - Learn more about HBAR
Everything you need to know about Hedera Hashgraph HBAR inside of Exodus.
In this Article:
General Hedera Questions
What is Hedera Hashgraph?
The Hedera Hashgraph network is a blockchain that allows users to send and receive HBAR tokens.
Hedera has been built from the very start to support fast, fair, and secure applications. The Hedera Hashgraph network achieves this in a very energy-efficient way that also allows many thousands of transactions per second.
This can all be achieved using the Hedera Hashgraph consensus algorithm.
The Hedera network requires an account to send or receive HBAR tokens. In this section, we explain how you can either create a new Hedera account or import your existing Hedera account.
How do I create a new Hedera account?
Please note: Creating a new Hedera Account is free when using Exodus wallet!
- First you will need to make sure you have enabled the Hedera wallet on your desktop or mobile device and have opened it.
- Once you are inside of your Exodus Hedera wallet, click/tap on Receive.
- Click/tap Create New Account and follow the on screen prompts.
How do I import my Hedera account?
- First you will need to make sure you have enabled the Hedera wallet and opened it.
- Once you are inside of your Exodus Hedera wallet, click on Receive.
- Click/tap I Already Have an Account.
- You now have two options to import your Hedera account. Choose the option that suits you best and enter the information correctly:
- Import with Private Key: Just simply copy and paste your HBAR private key and click/tap Import.
- Import with 24 word secret phrase: You will need to enter each word individually, in correct order and spelling.
Please note: Hedera accounts can only be linked with one public key, so when you import your Hedera account into Exodus, you will no longer be able to use your Hedera account where you originally created it until you import it back.
How do I reset my Hedera account?
Hedera accounts can only be linked to one public key at a time. What this means for you is if you use your Hedera account and import it into a different wallet or service, then you might see a message that looks like:
If that's the case, you have two options:
- Import your Hedera account back into Exodus again. This will unlink it from the other service and relink it to your Exodus wallet.
- Reset your Hedera account which will unlink the Hedera account from your Exodus wallet so you will no longer see it. You can do this by going to your Hedera wallet, clicking on the three dots in the top right corner and finally clicking on Reset Account.
Please note: If you reset your account in Exodus please make sure to keep your account safe in the other service you are using!
Can I use multiple Hedera accounts inside Exodus?
Currently, it is not possible to use multiple Hedera accounts inside Exodus.