Getting started with SportX inside of Exodus wallet
In this article we go into detail on everything you need to know about SportX as well as some of the frequently asked questions.
In this Article:
- What is SportX?
- What can I bet on?
- How do I start using SportX in Exodus?
- What happens if a match is a tie or the event is canceled?
- Why is SportX unavailable in my location?
What is SportX?
We are able to bring our customers the ability to bet on some of their favorite sporting events by partnering with SportX!
SportX brings cryptocurrency and betting together with the use of smart contract protocols. This ensures your funds are protected and payouts guaranteed on time using the Ethereum Blockchain to have maximum security when handling your funds. Their smart contract code is publicly available so anyone can self verify if they want!
If you would like to find out more about SportX, please check out their website.
What can I bet on?
SportX brings you the ability to bet on a wide range of different sports and different leagues from across the globe.
We are very excited to also allow you to bet on various eSports, with options to bet on current eSport gaming tournaments so you can bet using your digital currency on your favorite digital sports!
Just pick a sport or eSport then league and choose the team you think is going to win!
How do I start using SportX in Exodus?
Images and instructions in this article are using the new Exodus App Navigation - you can turn it on or off in Settings > Apps. Read more about how the App Nav works here.
In order to start using SportX inside of your Exodus wallet, you will need to have some DAI inside of your Exodus wallet.
Once you have some DAI you can follow these steps to start using SportX:
How do I install SportX?
By installing SportX, you agree with the Terms of Service.
- First, make sure you are using the new Exodus App Navigation - you can turn it on or off in Settings > Apps. Read more about how the App Nav works here.
- Now, to install SportX all you need to do is click on the + symbol at the top of your Exodus wallet.
- If you do not see the + symbol, then please navigate to Settings > Apps.
- Click Install. Then you will see the SportX app at the top of your Exodus wallet!
How do I open SportX?
- Open your Exodus wallet.
- Ensure you have some DAI to make a bet.
- Click on the SportX symbol at the top of the wallet (the new navigation layout will need to be enabled to see this button).
How do I make a bet?
Once you have opened SportX, the first tab you will see is sports. Here you can see all the available sporting competitions that you can currently place a bet on. If you would prefer to bet on eSports, just head over to the eSports tab to see available eSport competitions.
Please note: It is not possible to cancel a bet. Please ensure you have double-checked the details of the bet you want to make before clicking Place Bet.
Once you have selected what sport or eSport you would like to bet on, then to place a bet all you need to do is:
- Click on the sport/eSport to see available betting options.
- Click on the specific match you want to bet on.
- Choose the person/team you think will win the match.
- Enter your Bet Amount. You can click on Min, Half, All to quickly place an amount on a bet.
- Click Place bet to confirm the bet.
And that is it, you have placed a bet! Now you can click on View All Bets to see all of your current and past bets or Back to Matches if you want to make another bet!
What is in the Bets tab?
Inside of the Bets tab you will see all of your current bets that have yet to be settled as well as the history of all your previous bets.
At the top, you will see an overview of your personal betting performance with key indicators such as Total Bets, Win Rate, as well as all-time Profit/Loss.
What is in the Holdings tab?
Inside of the Holdings tab you will see all DAI transaction history involved with each of your bets.
At the top, you will see your current DAI balance as well as how much DAI you have inside of current bets with your potential DAI winnings if you win all of your current bets!
What happens if a match is a tie or the event is canceled?
You may notice there is only the option to pick a winner between two options in a particular sport, so you may be wondering what happens if there is a tie?
In the event of a tie, you will get a full refund of the DAI you bet.
If a match is canceled you will also get a full refund of the DAI you bet.
Why is SportX unavailable in my location?
If you are currently physically located in the following jurisdictions, then you will be prohibited from using SportX due to strict gambling laws:
- The United States and its territories:
- American Samoa
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- The United Kingdom and its territories:
- The British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Saint Helena, Ascension Island, and Tristan de Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- France and its territories:
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- Saint Barthelemy
- Saint Martin
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Wallis and Futuna
- The Netherlands and its territories:
- St. Maarten
- St. Eustatius
- North Korea
- South Sudan
- Ukraine Oblasts that are under Russian control:
- (i) Crimea
- (ii) Donetsk
- (iii) Luhansk
And any other country which may prohibit the offering of online gambling to its residents or to any person within such country.