Everything You Need To Know About Personal Notes
Personal notes now make it easy to keep track of your outgoing transactions within Exodus. Here is everything you need to know about them.
In this Article:
- What are personal notes and why are they useful to me?
- Who can see my personal notes?
- How can I enable/disable Personal notes on Desktop?
- How can I add my personal notes?
What are personal notes and why are they useful to me?
We understand when looking through your transaction history that it can sometimes be hard to remember specific transactions like why you might have sent your Bitcoin to that address last week, or even why you received Ethereum 2 months ago.
This is where Personal Notes come in. Personal notes are just what the name implies, a note that you can add yourself. This means for any Sent or Received transaction for any asset inside of your Exodus wallet, you can add a Personal Note to it. You can always edit the note as many times as you want and whenever you want.
This is useful to help you remember your transaction!
Who can see my personal notes?
Only you can see them! Personal means private. Your notes will not appear on the blockchain, nor will Exodus store them in any way. As you know, Exodus does not store any of your personal data!
How can I enable/disable personal notes on Desktop?
To enable personal notes, all you need to do is click on the Settings tab, then click on Advanced, and where it says Show Personal Notes, make sure the toggle is on. To disable personal notes, just turn the toggle off.
How can I add my personal notes?
- Simply open up any asset wallet and scroll down to see the transaction history. Find the transaction you want to add a note to and click on it. Under all of the information, you can see a section labeled Personal note, just click it and start typing away
- From the Send screen, Click the gear icon in the top left corner, then enter your note.
- All you need to do on mobile is go to the wallet tab and tap on any asset you want to add a personal note to. Once the asset's wallet is open swipe down so you can see your Activity. Tap on any transaction to see all of the information for that transaction. You will now see a space for a Personal Note. All you need to do now is tap on Add Note to start typing your note!