Mobile: How do I restore my wallet using a 12 word phrase?
Restoring a previous wallet into your mobile wallet is simple and makes accessing your assets on the go a cinch!
- If you already have a mobile wallet with funds in it and want to restore your mobile wallet onto Exodus Desktop, you can find a tutorial here.
- If you are trying to link your Desktop Exodus wallet to your mobile wallet, then you can find this even easier tutorial here
- If you just have a 12-word phrase and want to restore it inside of Exodus Mobile, please keep reading.
WARNING: This process will overwrite your current mobile wallet. If you have a mobile wallet with funds in, send all its funds to Exodus Desktop (or a different wallet) before syncing the wallets.
Below are the steps to restore your 12 word phrase into Exodus wallet on your mobile device:
- Open your Profile by tapping the person silhouette icon in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Restore Wallet.
- This process will overwrite your current mobile wallet. If you have a mobile wallet with funds in, send all its funds to Exodus Desktop or another wallet you own before syncing the wallets. Tap Continue.
- You will be presented with a screen when you will enter the first 4 of 12 words of your recovery phrase. Enter your first 4 words and tap Next. Continue until all 12-words have been entered and tap Restore.
After tapping Restore, Exodus will need to Restart. Exodus will begin to sync assets that are supported by Exodus Mobile. This may take a few seconds or several minutes depending on your wallet history. If you have a diverse portfolio with a long transaction history, it may take longer.
Once the restore is complete, Exodus will let you know!