Getting started with Exodus and Trezor
Sound the trumpets! Exodus and Trezor have formed a formidable alliance that will take your wallet experience and security to a whole new level. Trezor Model T and Trezor One are compatible with Exodus!
Pairing your hardware wallet with Exodus is quite simple! First, please ensure that you are running the latest version of Exodus. If you are not running the latest version, upgrade now!
In this article:
- Setting up your Brand New Trezor Model T out of the box with Exodus (Initializing Trezor One is not supported at this time)
- Connect a Trezor which has already been set up (Trezor Model T or Trezor One)
Setting up your Brand New Trezor Model T out of the box with Exodus
The following steps apply for a freshly out of the box Trezor.
Plug in your Trezor. Open Exodus and go to go to
Settings > Devices then where it says
Trezor Bridge click on
Note: To install Trezor Bridge, you must do so from a Chromium based browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Brave Browser. Downloading Trezor bridge is not possible from Safari.
- Make sure to leave the Detect Trezor toggle enabled.
- Your Trezor will begin to boot up as it begins to update the firmware. Do not close Exodus or disconnect the device while the firmware update is in progress. Trezor will auto restart when finished.
- Exodus will prompt you to initialize the device by giving you two options.
- Restore from secret phrase
- Create a new wallet
- Choose Create new wallet.
- Create a pin code for your device. You will need this pin code to unlock your device moving forward.
- You will be shown your secret phrase. Swipe on your Trezor to view all of the words. Write them down on paper, spelled correctly and in the correct order. Never store them digitally.
- After the words are written down, hold down Confirm on your Trezor device.
- Trezor will ask you to confirm a couple of the words before proceeding. Enter the words correctly and your new wallet will be created! Congratulations!
- Exodus will ask if you want to `Connect` your Trezor. Click `Connect` to begin pairing Trezor and Exodus.
- Open Exodus
Ensure all other programs which might interfere with your hardware wallet connection are closed (such as the Trezor web wallet, MEW or Electrum)
- Connect your hardware wallet to Exodus
- Unlock your hardware wallet by entering your pin
- If your Trezor requires a passphrase, you can choose to enter the passphrase on your device or on Exodus by choosing Host
- Approve the connection between your hardware wallet and Exodus on the Exodus interface
That's it! You can now send, receive, and exchange assets using your Trezor with Exodus.
Connect a Trezor which has already been set up
You will now have access to the supported assets held on your hardware wallet within the Exodus interface as well as your Exodus assets. Please note that not all assets supported by Trezor are supported through Exodus at this time. We are working toward having the complete Exodus portfolio supported between the two wallets to provide the most seamless hardware wallet to desktop experience available.