I lost my Trezor, help!
Not to worry, Trezor is designed with this in mind! As long as you have your recovery seed in the form of the 12, 18, or 24-word passphrase, you can restore your funds on a new device.
There are two options for this:
- You can restore your funds using Exodus: How do I restore from my 12-word phrase?
- You can buy a new Trezor device and restore your funds on it.
To restore your funds on a new Trezor device:
- Click on the Recover Wallet button and prepare to enter your recovery seed.
- Select the corresponding number of words in your seed using your Trezor touchscreen. Trezor is capable of recovering 12, 18, and 24-word-long seeds.
- Enter the individual words of your seed on your device, following the instructions displayed on the Trezor touchscreen.
Example of entering the word "CRIME":
- Press the "abc" button 3 times to enter the letter "C"
- Press the "pqr" button 3 times to enter the letter "R"
- Press the "ghi" button 3 times to enter the letter "I"
- Press the "mni" button once to enter the letter "M"
- Press the "def" button twice to enter the letter "E"
Make sure you are not misspelling your seed words.
With Trezor Model T, you have to enter all recovery seed words on the device. This way, the seed stays in an isolated and safe environment.
Once you have successfully recovered your wallet, continue the setup by enabling basic security features and customizing your experience.
If you use a passphrase, you will need to re-enable it after recovering your Trezor. Use the same passphrase to access your wallet.