How do I sync my Desktop wallet to a Mobile wallet?
Syncing your desktop wallet to your mobile phone makes accessing your assets on the go a cinch!
Please note: This process will only work to sync an existing desktop wallet to a new mobile wallet. If your mobile wallet already has some crypto in it, please read here.
In this Article:
- How do I sync my Desktop wallet to an empty Mobile wallet?
- My Mobile wallet says Cannot Sync, what should I do?
How do I sync my Desktop wallet to an empty Mobile wallet?
Images and instructions in this article are using the new desktop Exodus App Navigation - you can turn it on or off in Settings > Apps. Read more about how the App Nav works here.
- Open your Exodus wallet on your desktop computer.
- Make sure you have already gone through the backup process and set a password on your desktop computer.
Once you have ensured you have already gone through the backup process and set a password, please click on the Settings icon in the top right of your Exodus wallet and click on the Devices tab at the top, then you will see there is an option to Sync With Mobile so please click on Sync Now.
Enter your wallet’s password and click Unlock Now to unlock the QR code.
- Now go to your mobile device. Please make sure you have Exodus up to date. If it is not up to date, please go to the respective App Store or Google Play Store to download the latest updates.
- Once you have opened the app please tap the profile icon in the bottom right that looks like the silhouette of a person then tap Settings.
With Settings open, please tap on Sync from Desktop.
Please note: If you get the message: Cannot Sync please click here.
- Now your camera will open up to allow you to scan the QR code from your desktop.
- Point your mobile camera at the QR code on your desktop screen to scan it.
- You will then be prompted on your desktop to confirm 2 words, check the 2 words match the words displayed on your mobile device.
- Confirm that the words match on both devices then click Confirm.
Now your mobile should restart and load your desktop wallet. Which means you are done!
My Mobile wallet says Cannot Sync, what should I do?
If you made it to step 7 above but your phone displayed this message:
Then this means you already have some crypto inside of your Exodus mobile wallet. You will now have two options:
Option A: If your Desktop Exodus wallet is empty
- All you have to do is find your mobile 12 word secret phrase and restore it into your desktop Exodus wallet following these instructions.
- There is no need to follow the above steps in this case.