If Exodus tells you any of the following:
- Cannot open the wallet. The wallet may be corrupted.
- RangeError: not enough data for decode
- Exodus cannot open your wallet. Your assets are safe but the wallet may be damaged.
- Wallet Load Error: Not Enough Data for Decode
Your computer may have shut down suddenly, or Exodus did not close properly. The following steps will restore your Exodus wallet from backup.
- Download the latest version of Exodus from www.exodus.io/releases/ - new versions of Exodus (as of 1.25.0) have advanced features in place to safeguard against damaged wallet files.
- Install Exodus over your old version. Installing a new version over an old version is safe. Exodus keeps your blockchain assets in a seperate location.
- If you launched Exodus after the upgrade, quit Exodus.
- Open your email and click on your Exodus backup link.
- Exodus will prompt you for your password. Type your password and click "Unlock"
- Exodus will ask if you want to destroy your old wallet. In this case, becasue your old wallet is damaged click the red button "Yes, distroy and recover".
- Wait 15 - 30 seconds and your blockchain assets will be restored!
If you don't have a backup Exodus can still help you recover your blockchain assets. Questions? Problems? Reach out to get in contact with us and we will help you though the process.