How do I restore from my 12 word phrase?
If you have access to your email and you know your password there is a much easier way to restore your assets using your one-click email restore.
If you lost access to your email, you forgot your Exodus password, or your one-click email restore is not working, the only remaining option is to restore from your 12-word phrase described below:
- Download the latest version of Exodus at www.exodus.io/releases/
- Launch Exodus
- Click the restore from backup link on the Portfolio welcome screen (shown in the picture below)
- Choose 12 Word Recovery Phrase
- Exodus will then restart and ask you to enter your 12-word phrase
- Type your 12-word phrase in order with one space between each word
- Click Restore
- After a few seconds, Exodus will open with a popup "Your Recovery Worked!" Click OK and go do something else while Exodus finishes restoring your assets; this can take around 10 minutes to complete.
- When Exodus says "All Done! Your assets have been restored" your wallet is ready to use.
- Make sure to set a password on your newly restored wallet. See the video tutorial for instructions.