How do I upgrade Exodus?
To upgrade Exodus, follow these steps. Note that installing a new version and overwriting an old version is safe. Exodus keeps your blockchain assets in a separate location.
1. Quit Exodus if it is running.
- Windows users: Double click on the downloaded package to run the installer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdB1ofzJ770
- Mac users: Double click the disk image then drag Exodus onto the applications folder, overwriting the old version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWv8nB48VLI
- Linux users: Download and unzip the new version and replace the existing installation with the new one.
4. Refresh: Once the update has been completed, please perform a refresh of your wallet to be sure you are synchronized with the blockchain: http://support.exodus.io/article/75-how-do-i-refresh-my-wallet
If you are experiencing strange behavior from your Exodus wallet, and reinstalling has not fixed the problem, you may need to restore your wallet:
If you aren't sure what you need to do to fix the problem, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help you out!