Qtum ERC20 to Mainnet Token Swap
Qtum Ignition Tokens
The Qtum team has released the Qtum Ignition Token and all the Qtum ERC20 token holders will need to swap to the new Qtum mainnet tokens if they want to retain their tokens' value and functionality. The swap from Qtum ERC20 tokens to the functional network tokens, or Ignition Tokens took place on October 4th, 2017.
We have plans for supporting the mainnet Qtum Ignition Tokens, but until there, you won’t be able to send the new coins from the exchange back to Exodus after the swap.
Unfortunately, we cannot precisely determine how long it will take for us to fully support and implement it into Exodus.
For those who were not aware, or forgot to move their tokens to an exchange, changelly.com has a swap solution in place and it will run for 3 months. https://www.reddit.com/r/Qtum/comments/73j8vz/qtum_partners_with_changellycom_to_provide_a/?ref=share&ref_source=linkFor
Update: Oct 12
We have done some testing and confirmed that you can use the below process to send Qtum Ignition Tokens to an online exchange such as Bittrex.com. The steps for the process is the same, but instead of downloading the Ignition Wallet and sending your new Qtum Ignition Tokens to the wallet, you can send them directly to your wallet on Bittrex.com. We have not tested sending to any other exchanges, however if your Qtum Receive address on an exchange starts with a Q then it should work as well.
ERC20 Qtum Token for Ignition Token Swap Process
Below are the steps for swapping your Qtum ERC20 Tokens for the new Qtum Ignition Tokens:
- You will need to first download and install the new Ignition Wallet from the Qtum Github page: https://github.com/qtumproject/qtum/releases
- Windows users will want to get either qtum-0.XX.x-win64.zip or qtum-0.XX.x-win32.zip (depending if your version of Windows is 32 or 64 bit). Mac users will want to install qtum-0.XX.x-osx-unsigned.dmg Replace the XX.x with the current version listed on the downloads page, at the time of writing it was 14.3, so the file you would want is qtum-0.14.3-win64.zip for example.
- Once installed, the Ignition Wallet will need to synchronize with the mainnet network, this can take 30 minutes to several hours depending on the speed of your internet connection.
- Go to https://qtum.changelly.com to begin the swap process.
- Enter the amount of Qtum you want to send and then click I agree and click Exchange
- Check over the details to make sure they are correct and click Next
- Enter the Receive Address from your Qtum Ignition Wallet and click Next
- Double check that all the details are correct before clicking Confirm & Make Payment
- In your Exodus QTUM Wallet - Send the agreed amount of tokens to the wallet address shown, be sure to copy/paste this wallet address into Exodus so that you do not make any mistakes that could occur if you were to type it out manually
- Once your old ERC20 Qtum tokens have been received, you will see several screens that show the status of your swap.
- After 24 hours, you will get the final status message showing the exchange was successful, check your Ignition Wallet to confirm your new Qtum Tokens are there.